Enjoy Delicious, Restaurant-Quality Grilled Cheese Sandwiches from the Comfort of Your Own Home
Asparagus Grilled Cheese with Poached Egg Recipe
This asparagus grilled cheese with poached egg is a delicious and easy-to-make breakfast or brunch dish. The combination of melted cheese, tender asparagus, and runny poached egg is divine.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Trim the woody ends of the asparagus and blanch them for 1-2 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Set aside after draining.
- Toast the bread until lightly golden, then top each slice with a slice of cheese.
- Top with the blanched asparagus spears and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, place the asparagus grilled cheese sandwiches on the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the vinegar while the sandwiches are cooking.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and carefully drop it into the pot of boiling water.
- Poach the egg for 3 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolk remains runny.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the egg from the water and place it on a paper towel to drain excess water.
- Place the poached egg on top of the asparagus and cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the remaining slice of bread, cut in half, and serve immediately.
Grilled Cheese Accessories
Sandwich Maker, Toaster And Electric Panini Press
The Grilled Cheese Ultimate Cookbook
Double Sided Frying Pan and Grilled Cheese Maker
Great Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese Recipes
Grilled Halloumi Sandwich Recipe
Corned Beef and Sauerkraut Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Grilled Cheese with Apple Slices and Pecans Recipe
Buttered Grilled Cheese on Whole Wheat Bread with Tomatoes Recipe